Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The first of (hopefully) many

Howdy. My name is Max and I'm (among other things) a freelance writer. While I have other blogs I use for personal rants and staying in touch with friends, I decided that it was time to develop something I could use as a forum to present things for business purposes as a means of demonstration for potential clients without having any personal things mixed in.

As of yet, I'm only doing a little bit of freelancing on the side and holding down a day job, but eventually I would like to be ale to support my family through the use of my writing abilities. Unfortunately, it's difficult to get a good client base together. It takes time and a portfolio. One thing that a number of people on a small business forum I'm on suggested giving something away for free as a means to draw people in and, in addition to contributing to forums and other group projects, I decided that a personal, business oriented blog would be a good way to do just that.

While the content on this blog is going to be varied, I will primarily be focusing on a number of my primary interests, such as customer service, popular culture, food, and futurism. However, expect to see a political piece or editorial from time to time.

That's all for now. Going to start promoting this site now, I suppose. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I'll be happy to get back to you. Until later!

2 comments:

Jon said...

I'm interested. :-)

Jon said...

As another note, is there a way to set up for this to be readable through my LJ Friends page?